Archives and records management Course
Archives and records management Course (Document Management Course) important?
Massive amounts of electronic data, documents & records are being created & stored everyday pose a huge challenge to any organization. This applies to multi-national companies, growing small businesses or a government agencies. New services and approaches to electronic preservation and are beginning to offer new options for information lifecycle management including electronic archiving and shared electronic records management.
Accessibility and knowledge-sharing are key drivers for managing and delivering records in electronic format. Electronic Records Management & Digital Archiving course provides practical guidance for capturing and managing records and vital information according to their value to the organization.
Archives and records management Course (Document Management Course) covers the entire lifecycle of records, ISO standard 15489, and related concepts, with special emphasis on email capture and retention as well as new content types such as social media.
This course is applicable across all industries, and is independent of your vendor solution or particular technology.
Outline: Archives and records management Course (Document Management Course) or Electronic Records Management & Digital Archiving Course
This course will help you to develop a body of knowledge & capacity in the management of records including being able to:
- Understand the implications of new legislations on records management & guide the organization to becoming compliant
- Manage electronic, financial, health, legal & personnel records
- Understand the impact of social media records & managing social media as records where appropriate.
- Prepare the organization for Information Governance, beyond IT Governance
- Understand electronic records management and digital preservation as disciplines formanaging knowledge assets of the enterprise.
- Become familiar with the economic, organizational, and technological issues related to electronic records management and digital preservation.
- Understand computer systems: an overview of records & archives staff
- Lead the establishment of the necessary relationships and project planning delivery processes to ensure electronic record retention rules are automated as much as possible.
- Create an electronic records management and digital preservation domain under the Enterprise Architecture program to foster collaboration, shared decisions and common enterprise solutions.
- Assist the organization in balancing the needs for Privacy versus Accessibility of records
Key focus areas: Archives and records management Course (Document Management Course) : Electronic Records Management & Digital Archiving Course
Key focus areas include:
- Office Organization
- Records Management
- Paper Records Processing Systems
- Why Records Management Is Important
- Critical Issues To Consider
- Electronic Records Processing Systems
- Change Management Requirements & Planning
- Managing Social Media Records
- Case Study – Understanding The Context Of Electronic Records Management
The course Archives and records management Course (Document Management Course) is offered throughout South Africa (including major centres like Johannesburg, Sandton, Durban, Cape Town, Port Elizabeth, East London, Bloemfontein)
For further details on course please use contact form below
Contact us for a course quote
Professional Courses offered at competitive rates